BUG #1461: pg_restore fails to authenticate on win - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Prabin Gade
Subject BUG #1461: pg_restore fails to authenticate on win
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1461
Logged by:          Prabin Gade
Email address:      gade@aztec.soft.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   win2k and xp
Details:

working fine). I am starting the postmaster in md5 mode

Possible Cause: Had a glance through the code. The recent addition in
pg_backup_archiver (line 1724-1732) is causing this. Seems reading the
password in binary mode is causing the problem.

I checked it by commenting out the setmode for stdin and it worked fine.
Looks like passwd is accepted as text in sprompt.c while the stdin is
reading as binary