plpythonu.so - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From elein@varlena.com (elein)
Subject plpythonu.so
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On two different machines I've built pg 7.4 --with-plpython.

When I createlang plpythonu db I get this error:
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpython.so":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpython.so:undefined symbol: PyDict_Copy

PyDict_Copy is a python standard call since forever.
nm shows it is not defined.
nm also shows some glib.c functions not defined.

build --with-plpythonu and createlang works fine on some other machines.

What is the problem here?  Some python module I'm missing?

Help!

--elein
elein@varlena.com