example for read committed/volitile functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From elein@varlena.com (elein)
Subject example for read committed/volitile functions
Date
List pgsql-general
I tried to reproduce the case where 7.4 and 8.0 differ
on the scope of volitile function with READ COMMITTED
transactions.

In an open transaction in read committed mode.
Then I access the table and sum columns in a function.
The results are always consistent between 7.4 and 8.0
and can see committed insert transactions by another session
while the first transaction is open.

Perhaps I'm missing something basic?  Or the fix was
back ported to 7.4?

Prompt replies would be very helpful.

--elein