Re: Latest source tarballs missing - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Latest source tarballs missing
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> I've done 08.00.0004 (might take a hour or 2 to sync up), but can't
> do 0003 'cos I forgot to tag cvs. Sorry.

I seem to recall that I have mentioned this already, but you need to use
a much newer Libtool to build these releases.  The version 1.4.3 used
for this tarball is over two years old and provably produces incorrect
libraries on some platform.  In other words, it's broken.

Libtool 1.5.8 is the latest release.

It would also be useful to use the latest versions of Autoconf (2.59)
and Automake (1.9.4), although in those cases the consequences are not
that severe.

--
Peter Eisentraut