Re: Solutions Linux 2005 Feb 1,2,3 Paris - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Solutions Linux 2005 Feb 1,2,3 Paris
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jean-Christophe,

>     I wonder if :
>        1) it is right to put the french URL
> (http://www.postgresqlfr.org) on the wall poster and the banner. Is it
> legitimated by the fact we are building up the french/francophone
> PostgreSQL user group/organization (non lucrative). I don't want to hurt
> PostgreSQL people, so give me your feelings... this is quite beta
> or alpha banner and poster... feel free to tell me what is the best for
> us to put as url!

Why not?   It's not like it's your personal company, or the poster will be
used in a non-French-speaking venue.  I say, go for it!

>        2) you (the PostgreSQL communauty) agree on the design and the
> fact we did ourselves (as the francophone communauty) banners and
> posters...

Issue:  the wall poster was NOT designed by the community.   It was designed
by SourceWear Inc., and is their copyright.   You will need to get permission
to use the design.

I suggest that you work something out with them, they're very flexible; maybe
a small link to SourceWear on the poster, or swap your design for theirs and
let people know that they can buy copies of the poster from SourceWear.  I
will e-mail Federico and you.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus