Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Christopher Kings-Lynne (chriskl@familyhealth.com.au) wrote:
> PostgreSQL has replication, but not partitioning (which is what you want).

It doesn't have multi-server partitioning..  It's got partitioning
within a single server (doesn't it?  I thought it did, I know it was
discussed w/ the guy from Cox Communications and I thought he was using
it :).

> So, your only option is Oracle or another very expensive commercial
> database.

Or partition the data at the application layer.

    Stephen

Attachment