Re: Iis there anyway to do this(see in message) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Iis there anyway to do this(see in message)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 07:00:42PM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:

> Just wondering if there is a way to monitor the SQL that is executed
> inside a PL/pgsql function?
> I can see some SQL via the stats view, but it does not show the sql that
> is being executed in a function.

You can get some logging with the log_statement and debug_*
configuration settings, although maybe not as much as you'd like.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

> The reason I ask is it would make debugging large complex functions much
> easier.
> I get a lot of requests from former MS SQL server DBAs/developers for
> such capablility.

People request a trace feature for PL/pgSQL from time to time but
I don't think anybody has implemented it yet.  I'm sure a patch
would be welcome....

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/