Re: Trick to 'run' a view on two databases and combine the result ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Trick to 'run' a view on two databases and combine the result ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:52:46AM +0200, Din Adrian wrote:

> I have to show some data from two identical databases so I need to run a
> querry (view, ..etc) on both databases and show the united result ...

If you're writing an application then you could make two database
connections, run the query in each, and merge the results in the
application.  If you want to do it in PostgreSQL then you could use
contrib/dblink.  If that's not helpful then please provide more
information about what you need to do.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/