Re: int4 -> unix timestamp -> sql timestamp; abstime? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roman Neuhauser
Subject Re: int4 -> unix timestamp -> sql timestamp; abstime?
Date
List pgsql-general
# tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us / 2005-01-11 19:31:19 -0500:
> Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@chello.cz> writes:
> >> The recommended locution is
> >>
> >> SELECT TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE 'epoch' + <x> * INTERVAL '1 second';
>
> >     Have I missed this in the manual?
>
> The 8.0 docs mention this in the discussion of extract(epoch), but I'm
> not sure if it was there before.  It's been discussed in the mailing
> list archives many times...

    My searches on google.com and of the postresql.org documentation sets
    haven't turned anything up. Any chance of this getting into the 7.4
    docs?

--
FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE
1:53AM up 17:31, 9 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.03, 0.00