Re: Private or publice function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nirmalya Lahiri
Subject Re: Private or publice function
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Richard,
 for your reply. Now I am explaining you what I want.
Let I have 4
functions......function_1(),function_2(),function_3(),function_4().

create or replace function function_1() returns numeric as '
begin
 create or replace function function_2() returns numeric as ''
 begin
  --------
  --------
 end;
 '' language plpgsql
 -----------
 -----------
 -----------
 create or replace function function_3() returns numeric as ''
 begin
  ---------
  ---------
 end;
 '' language plpgsql
end ;
' language plpgsql

create or replace function function_4() returns numeric as '
begin
 -----------
 -----------
end;
' language plpgsql

 Now after creating these functions, I can easily call every function
from psql prompt. But I want to encapsulate function_2() and
function_3() withen function_1(), so that no one can call
function_2() and function_3() from psql prompt and from function_4(),
only from withen the function_1() I can call function_2() and
function_3().

 Is it possible in PostgreSQL?

Nirmalya Lahiri