Re: Problem creating trigger-function with arguments (8.0rc4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Problem creating trigger-function with arguments (8.0rc4)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:52:15PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> > This is what I tried:
>
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION functions.t_insert_deny(v_message text)
> > RETURNS "trigger" AS $$
>
> There should probably be a specific error check telling you that a
> trigger function can't take any explicit arguments.  But there isn't
> (and it's too late for 8.0 because we froze error message strings
> long since :-().
>
> The CREATE TRIGGER parameter comes to the trigger function via
> TGARGS, not as a regular parameter.

Um, so how would one write a trigger that takes arguments?  I stubbed
my toe on this in re: dbi-link, and would like to be able to write a
trigger with arguments :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!