Re: Problem creating trigger-function with arguments (8.0rc4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Problem creating trigger-function with arguments (8.0rc4)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:00:12PM +0100, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION functions.t_insert_deny(v_message text)
> RETURNS "trigger" AS $$

See the "Trigger Procedures" section of the PL/pgSQL documentation.
The first paragraph contains this:

    Note that the function must be declared with no arguments even if
    it expects to receive arguments specified in CREATE TRIGGER ---
    trigger arguments are passed via TG_ARGV, as described below.

> If I replace RETURNS "trigger" with e.g. RETURNS "int8" it works...
> Is this is a bug, or has something regarding triggerfunctions and
> parameters changed in 8.0

Changed since when?  Are you saying this worked in an older version
of PostgreSQL?  If so, what version?  The paragraph I quoted above
goes back to at least 7.2.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/