Re: [Testperf-general] pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [Testperf-general] pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark,

> All default parameters.  Matthew also recommended using the
> vacuum_delay setting so I was about to try that.

Interesting ... the default parameters are quite conservative, running only
when the table has doubled in new rows.   So if those spikes are vacuums,
then the DBT2 test is updating or adding 100% of the rows in the orders table
every 6-8 minutes?    Does that seem right?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions