Re: CSV arm check failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: CSV arm check failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:07:14AM -0500, Jim Buttafuoco wrote:
> I am using the stock Debian 2.4.27 kernel.  Don't know how to
> change the fp setup.  Do you have any instructions for me?

It can be changed by configuring and recompiling kernel.

I checked the kernel-image-2.4.27-arm package from
Debian/testing and indeed it uses FastFPE emulation.

To be specific, the 'bast' and 'netwinder' targets do.
The 'lart', 'riscpc' and 'riscstation' targets use NWFPE.
I guess 'lart' and 'bast' are some devel boards and 'netwinder'
is the main target.

Looking at handhelds.org kernels they mostly use NWFPE
although there are couple of configs with FastFPE.

I have no clue on other Linux distros or *BSD's on ARM.

It seems PostgreSQL may encounter both NWFPE and FastFPE
on Linux/ARM.  How to handle this I do not know.

--
marko