Re: Low Performance for big hospital server .. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Adler
Subject Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:54:32AM +0700, amrit@health2.moph.go.th wrote:
> postgresql 7.3.2-1 with RH 9 on a mechine of 2 Xeon 3.0 Ghz and ram of 4 Gb.

You may want to try disabling hyperthreading, if you don't mind
rebooting.

> grew up to 3.5 Gb and there were more than 160 concurent connections.

Looks like your growing dataset won't fit in your OS disk cache any
longer. Isolate your most problematic queries and check out their
query plans. I bet you have some sequential scans that used to read
from cache but now need to read the disk. An index may help you.

More RAM wouldn't hurt. =)

 -Mike Adler