Re: Standard compliant DEFAULT clause - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Standard compliant DEFAULT clause
Date
List pgsql-patches
Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
> Or not, it's just a bitter and late (because of my bitterness) response
> to the rejection of my IDENTITY/GENERATED patches.
> Where's the much praised standard behaviour on standard syntax?
> So much for hypocrisy.

Hm?  There's a difference between extensions and failing to comply with
what the spec says is the behavior of the syntax it provides.

I feel bad that you put so much work into what now seems to be a dead
end (at least until we can get some clarification about what the
committee really intends).  But look at the bright side: you learned
quite a bit about the innards of Postgres.  Hopefully your next project
will be more successful.

            regards, tom lane