Re: BTree max row size? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BTree max row size?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:51:05PM -0500, Ernest Kim wrote:

> I'm trying to use the tiki-wiki software.  It has several indexes
> which store the web page's data as an index criteria.  The problem
> comes up when a web page is a large web page.  It can't store the page
> in the index.

That's a strange indexing strategy.  What is it trying to do with those

> Do you know of another way of dealing with this issue aside from
> re-compiling or recoding the indexes?

What issue?  You can't index arbitrarily long strings, period.  OTOH,
the task that the index is supposed to handle most likely can be handled
in a different way.

"¿Cómo puedes confiar en algo que pagas y que no ves,
y no confiar en algo que te dan y te lo muestran?" (Germán Poo)