transactions in multiple action rules - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Peterson
Subject transactions in multiple action rules
Date
Re: transactions in multiple action rules  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Do the multiple actions within a multiple action rule implicitly reside
within a transaction?  I notice that if I brace my multiple actions with
BEGIN; and COMMIT;, that I get a syntax error, so I'm assuming that's
because they are superfluous in that context... ?

(I want to be sure that I can count on 'currval' returning the sequence
value returned by the previous action's 'nextval', so that I know I am
inserting the proper foreign key into a table after inserting a record
into the referenced table.)

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager