Re: LockObject patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: LockObject patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 03:52:57PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> When we roll over OID's do we make sure we never return InvalidOid?

Yes.  From GetNewObjectId()

    /*
     * Check for wraparound of the OID counter.  We *must* not return 0
     * (InvalidOid); and as long as we have to check that, it seems a good
     * idea to skip over everything below BootstrapObjectIdData too. (This
     * basically just reduces the odds of OID collision right after a wrap
     * occurs.)  Note we are relying on unsigned comparison here.
     */

"Es filósofo el que disfruta con los enigmas" (G. Coli)