Re: V8.0rc1 On AIX. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: V8.0rc1 On AIX.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Huh, isn't this port testing?  Do we not want to fix port bugs at
> > this stage?
>
> We are not really fixing anything, because it was never expected to work
> before.  We are adding new functionality.  It is, of course, a
> borderline case.  But for example, do we have any information about
> whether what is being implemented actually works?  I don't want to find
> out in two weeks, that yes, we managed to compile with thread support,
> but no, threaded applications still have issues on that platform.

I assume threads are supposed to work on all platforms that support it.
We have new threading detection code in 8.0 so I expected some
adjustments.  Also, someone pointed out that the problem was reported
during beta but I missed it.

As far as testing we have to have the users do any testing.  The thread
testing script already tests threading but the actual compile success is
what we are adjusting now.

Pennsylvania19073