Re: How to get rid of notices for create table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pablo Santiago Blum de Aguiar
Subject Re: How to get rid of notices for create table?
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:31:15PM -0300, Pablo
> Santiago Blum de Aguiar wrote:
>
> > I'm getting boring notices when creating tables:
>
> [snip]
>
> > NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create
> > implicit index "pk_cliente" for table "cliente"
> > NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create
> implicit
> > index "uk_email" for table "cliente"
> > CREATE TABLE
> >
> > Got a few questions:
> >
> > 1 - What those 2 notice messages mean?
>
> They're informational messages.  PostgreSQL is
> telling you that
> it's creating indexes that you didn't explicitly
> request.

Ok. I read the CREATE INDEX manual section and I could
create an index but then I get an error message
telling that relation "pk_cliente" already exists when
creating the table. How do I explicitly request
PostgreSQL to create those index for the table?

Thanks for your help.

=====
--
 .''`.  Pablo Aguiar <pabloaguiar at yahoo.com>
: :'  :  Proud Debian GNU/Linux Admin and User