Re: Postgres not using shared memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Postgres not using shared memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:53:51PM -0600, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't seem to get postgresql to use shared memory and performance is
> terrrible.

The shared column in free doesn't represent the amount of SysV shared
memory used. If the system can't allocate the amount you ask it'll tell
you.

Running ipcs as root will show you the segment.

Perhaps you should tell us what the actual problem is...

Attachment