Re: RC1, missing -lpthread when building with --disable-shared on i686 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank van Vugt
Subject Re: RC1, missing -lpthread when building with --disable-shared on i686
Date
List pgsql-general
> What do you show for PTHREAD_* in Makefile.global?

PTHREAD_CFLAGS          =  -pthread  -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
PTHREAD_LIBS            =  -lpthread

> Is this another platform where the library doesn't remember dependencies
> used when it was built?  It is Linux so I wouldn't think so.

Yeah, early in the beta-cycle builds on my Slackware v9.1 server showed
symptoms like this, but these were already handled a while ago. This comes up
just now since I started to use RC1 on my development workstation, which runs
SuSE (v9.0 for that matter, will be able to try v9.1 in a couple of hours and
v9.2 tomorrow, it you'd like).

--
Best,

Frank.