Re: SSL confirmation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: SSL confirmation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 09:10:42PM +0000, Andrew M wrote:

> The map i make reference to is a Jboss map used to make a jndi
> connection to postgreSQL. What document do I need to access to get hold
> of the envireonment variables, namely PGSSLMODE?

I don't know if the J-stuff wraps libpq or if it implements the
communications protocol on its own.  If it uses libpq then see the
"libpq - C Library" chapter in the PostgreSQL documentation, in
particular the "Database Connection Control Functions" and "Environment
Variables" sections.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

Even if you're using an interface that abstracts libpq and you're
not calling its functions directly, it's useful to know how the
underlying library works.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/