Re: Need access to a Linux box - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: Need access to a Linux box
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 08:21:36PM +0100, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I'm in process of releasing a PL/Java based on the latest 8.0.0rc1. My
> Linux box is x86_64 based and even if I can cross-compile a 32 bit
> binary on it, I feel it's not really the same thing. Normally I use the
> "testdrive" over at hp but it has had a "no space left on device" status
> for a couple of days now. Does anyone know about some other place where
> I can compile and run some rudimentary tests?

What I always do is build everything in an i386 chroot.  That
means it really does the same as an i386.  You might have to use
the linux32 bit util too, to change the uname -m output from
x86_64 to i686.

If you're still not convised it's the same, boot an i386 kernel
instead.

Kurt