Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On December 3, 2004 10:31 am, you wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >>
> >>Considering all the patching that has been going on recently and the
> >>fact that we don't have any port reports, I think it's too early for a
> >>"release candidate".  I think we should release beta 6 immediately,
> >>call for port reports based on it, and then release RC1 as soon as we
> >>have an idea where the port reports are going, possibly in less than
> >>one week.
> >
> > What about the build farm?  Can't we assume we are pretty close to RC?
>
> I would say no.
>
> 1. Buildfarm doesn't yet have that many platforms on it.
> 2. There are critical notices on buildfarm for some more popular
> platforms such as Solaris 9 and Open BSD.

The OpenBSD error should be fixed by
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq/fe-secure.c?f=h;rev=1.60

and other than that I see noting on the build far that is questionable (other
than the win32 regres test notice)

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.