Re: Increasing the length of - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Increasing the length of
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Could we come up with a compromise then? I guess maybe another setting
that says log any query when it hits more than x amount of time. (I'd
also argue you should get a NOTICE or WARNING when this exceeds the
query timeout time).

A perhapse more friendly alternative would be a way to query to get this
information in real-time, but that probably goes back into the
discussion about the length of data made available in pg_stat_activity.