Solution proposal for TODO item "Clients: sequences" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Solution proposal for TODO item "Clients: sequences"
Date
Re: Solution proposal for TODO item "Clients: sequences"  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear People,

Hereby a proposal for the TODO item "Clients: Have psql show current values
for a sequences".
I have added a new slash command to psql client "\sq" for showing the last
values of the
existing sequences in the public schema. The code is only tested on rh9.

The new files are sequence_info.c and sequence_info.h I would like
to hear your comments. (Be gentle this is my first)

The sources can be downloaded from http://www.truesoftware.net/psql/

Regards,
Gevik

SCREEN OUTPUT
[gevik@voyager psql]$ ./psql
Welcome to psql 8.0.0beta5, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

gevik=# \sq
Current sequence valuesSequence  | Last value
-----------+------------mytableid |          5seq1      |          1
(2 rows)

gevik=#