Re: Lost databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Lost databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Look at the documentation here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/maintenance.html

The upshot is that you should vacuum every table in the database at
least once every billion transaction. It doesn't have to be a VACUUM
FULL, just run VACUUM without specifying a table.

There's some info in there about how to work out when it is necessary.

Hope this helps,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 12:22:46PM +0200, Kostis Mentzelos wrote:
> Only VACUUM FULL solves XID wraparound problem? I mean VACUUM FULL locks
> the entire table.
>
> How can I test if I am close to XID wraparround?
>
> Kostis

Attachment