Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove: * Allow database recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove: * Allow database recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>
> >> Just curious, but in what sort of circumstance could this happen?
> >> Permissions problems, that sort of thing?
> >
> > Restoring a dump to another system that doesn't have the same
> > directories to create the tablespaces.
>
> 'k, that's what I thought, just wanted to clarify ... stupid question then
> ... if such a case happens, do we send a WARNING to let ppl know that the
> load didn't quite go as the dump went?

Yes, they get a warning because the tablespace create failed.  When we
had a TABLESPACE clause in create (before default_tablespace), all the
CREATEs would fail leading to a useless restore.

Pennsylvania19073