Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> As best I can tell, this is coming out because pgtz.c thinks that
> /usr/share/timezone is where Postgres' own timezone files are; which
> implies that get_share_directory() is returning /usr/share; which does
> not make a lot of sense.  I think you must have used nondefault
> configuration settings for the installation location (--prefix and
> friends) ... so the above answer is not very helpful.

Nope:
  $ ./configure --with-perl --with-odbc

One nonstandard thing about the target locations was that /usr/local/pgsql is
a mount and not an ordinary directory.   Dunno how that could make PG lose
the libdir, though.

Will send you the full config.log when I'm back in my office and can retrieve
it.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________