Re: c extension - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kjetil Haaland
Subject Re: c extension
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 15:58, Joe Conway wrote:
>It doesn't look like that palloc is done in a sufficiently long-lived
>memory context. Read up on them in src/backend/utils/mmgr/README.

Many thanks for good answer. I have also allocated memory for a table of
integers in the same file, and this table seems to work fine, i can print out
values from it without any problems.

Is there any good reason it should work with integers and not with characters?

In what memory context should it be created to last until the user logs out?

-Kjetil