Re: Restricting Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Restricting Postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:52:12PM +0000, Martin Foster wrote:
> Is there a way to restrict how much load a PostgreSQL server can take
> before dropping queries in order to safeguard the server?    I was

Well, you could limit the number of concurrent connections, and set
the query timeout to a relatively low level.  What that ought to mean
is that, under heavy load, some queries will abort.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
        --attr. John Maynard Keynes