Re: psql large RSS (1.6GB) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: psql large RSS (1.6GB)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom,

> Far more useful would be some sort of streaming API to let the
> application process the rows as they arrive, or at least fetch the rows
> in small batches (the V3 protocol supports the latter even without any
> explicit use of a cursor).  I'm not sure if this can be bolted onto the
> existing libpq framework reasonably, but that's the direction I'd prefer
> to go in.

I think that TelegraphCQ incorporates this.   However, I'm not sure whether
it's a portable component; it may be too tied in to their streaming query
engine.   They have talked about porting their "background query" patch for
PSQL, though ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions