Array Question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Array Question
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings:

I have a customer history table that contains several integer and decimal
arrays for recording sales and load count information for each of the 12
months. I'm trying to modify one of the arrays in a pre-update trigger. I'm
looping as in:

for x in 1..12 loop
    array[x] = <some_value>;
    .
    .
    .
end loop;

This will not compile. I get the following error:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "["

If I comment that line out, all works well. Any ideas?

Thanks...

--
Quote: 73
"Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths

 -- Isiah 29:13

 Work: 1-336-372-6812
 Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry@esc1.com