User Defined Functions/management of OS_Directories - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tham Paudel
Subject User Defined Functions/management of OS_Directories
Date
List pgsql-general
Hallo!
I have a big problem, I am under time pressure to
finish my project. can anybody please help me?

I am developing a DB System associated with a File
server. The DB Server should manage directories which
could be, I thought, created through fired Triggers.
I wrote a C function and compiled as -shared, created
function and created trigger to execute procedure. But
its not working. Is there somewhere any example? Or c
functions guidelines?  Or knows anybody how could I do
it?

After "insert into" command I got following Meldung
and none of the commands inside the c function like
mkdir(dir) are not executed:

        This probably means the server terminated
abnormally
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting
reset: Failed.

Thanks

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de