Re: Additional Material for Press Page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Additional Material for Press Page
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 04:58:46PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Functions:  PostgreSQL functions now support emacs-style $dollar$
> quoting allowing users to avoid messy nested quotes.  Further, as an
> benefit of the new Savepoints, PL/pgSQL functions now have limited
> exception-handling ability using the EXCEPTION clause.

"emacs-style"?  I thought dollar quoting was invented here.  Would it be
good to detail the enhancements to pl/perl here?  What about pl/php?

> Database Design:  Database administrators can now change columns
> in-place to other compatible data types using ALTER TABLE.

Lose the "compatible"; you can in fact change anything using arbitrary
transformations.

> Links To Other PostgreSQL Resources:

What about a list of externally provided PLs?

> Graphical User Interfaces:
>     pgAdminIII
>     phpPGAdmin
>     pgAccess

Is pgAccess still alive?

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"