Re: View & Query Performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alban Medici (NetCentrex)
Subject Re: View & Query Performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Can you tell us more about the structure of your tables,
witch sort of index did you set on witch fields ?

Did you really need to get ALL records at once, instead you may be could use paging (cursor or SELECT LIMIT OFFSET ) ?

And did you well configure your .conf ?

Regards

Alban Médici

From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Igor Maciel Macaubas
Sent: jeudi 14 octobre 2004 23:03
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] View & Query Performance

Hi all,

I'm trying to find smarter ways to dig data from my database, and have the following scenario:

table1
-- id
-- name
.
.
.
.
.
.

table2
-- id
-- number
.
.
.
.
.
.

I want to create a view to give me back just what I want:
The id, the name and the number.
I tought in doing the following:
create view my_view as select t1.id, t1.name, t2.number from table1 as t1, table2 as t2 where t1.id = t2.id;

Will this be enough fast ? Are there a faster way to make it work ?!
This table is mid-big, around 100K registers ..

Regards,