Download field in a column - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kumar S
Subject Download field in a column
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear Group,
 I have a table that stores the description of an
experiment, date and person details who performed the
experiment.
In the last column I want to give the directory where
the files from these experiments are stored.

My questions:

1. Once a user queries this table from a command-line
(using sql commands). How can he get the data to
download?

I want my user to be able to download that data.

Is something possible from
SELECT statements or do I have to do something. Can
any one help me with should I do.

Thank you.

Kumar.