BUG #1280: Unexpected EOF at Client Connection - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PostgreSQL Bugs List
Subject BUG #1280: Unexpected EOF at Client Connection
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1280
Logged by:          Shilpa Upadhye

Email address:      supadhye@eq-technologic.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5

Operating system:   freebsd 5.1

Details:

Hi,

Our database configuration is - postgres version 7.4.5 on FreeBSD 5.1.
Our Web Server configuration is - SOFIA 2.1 framework, jakarta-tomcat 4.1.27
and pg74.213.jdbc2.jar and jdk 1.4.2.01 on Linux 9.0

We are getting 2 errors

1) We get the error 'Unexpected EOF at Client Connection' and appplication
stops responding. This error is shown in the postgres logs.

2) At times we get the message 'Apache Tomcat Stopped' on the web server and
tomcat stops.

Initially we were using postgres version 7.4.1 on Redhat Linux 9.0. But we
were not able to store large string of 18K in the column type text. But we
could do it on postgres ver 7.4.5.

If anybody has a solution to this please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Shilpa.