Re: Verifying Referential Integrity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Verifying Referential Integrity
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 02:03:09PM -0400, Geisler, Jim wrote:
> So, as far as I know, PostgreSQL does not have any way of verifying the loss
> of referential integrity.

... just like it doesn't have a way of verifying loss of tables or any
other object.  If someone messes up the schema (be it via ALTER commands
or directly modifying system catalogs), Postgres will continue working
with the new schema.

> Are there any recommended methods or utilities for checking referential
> integrity in a PostgreSQL database?

Maybe do pg_dump -s periodically and compare to a known good version?

Si no sabes adonde vas, es muy probable que acabes en otra parte.