Re: Problem with mirrorring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Problem with mirrorring
Date
List pgsql-www
my understanding of rsync is that even if a file changes, only the changes
are sent across ... I believe its effectively a 'diff' of the file ... so
even if all files timestamps do change, very little data is sent across

But, aren't there args available for rsync to have it check file size vs
timestamp?  so it would miss a reversing of characters in a word, but if a
single character is added, then the byte size changes and, therefore, it
gets updated ... ?

----