Bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Grillet
Subject Bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

Bug category serious:

The bug report link as www.postgresql.org/bugs/bugs.php is not working.

Original bug I was trying to report is that 7.4.5 builds OK on Freebsd
4.10 and runs fine, but if you try "createlang" (eg to install plpgsql)
it fails because of undefined symbol "downcase_truncate_identifier".

I have tried this on two different systems. In one, the pgsql was a
portupgrade -R, in the other it was built and installed from ports.

Also, unrelated issue:

It would be really nice if the manual .had an example of inserting a
nested query:

is it:
a) INSERT INTO table2 SELECT * from table1;

b) INSERT INTO table2 (SELECT * from table1);

c) INSERT INTO table2 VALUES (SELECT * from table1);

And what if you have a list of columns.

some of us are too stupid to remember, and have to look it up every
time! And there is nothing listed under INSERT or SUBQUERY, and it
takes about 15 mins to look it up!. (Even after using SQL for nearly 20
years :-()

regards

Andrew