Re: max freeze age query in docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max freeze age query in docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yes, possibly, but we can't do that now, but I would like to fix the
> docs now.

If you want this in 9.3.0 it needs to be committed in the next couple of
hours.

FWIW, the idea seemed generally sane to me, but I'd suggest not depending
on reltoastrelid being zero when and only when there's no match.
Why not test whether t.oid IS NULL, instead?

Or actually, code it like this
  GREATEST(age(c.relfrozenxid), age(t.relfrozenxid))

and be done, as well as not having an ugly direct use of int4larger.