Re: psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sudhakar Kurumella
Subject Re: psql: FATAL: Password authentication failed for
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Andrew,

Thanks a LOT!!

It is working:

[D:\]psql -U postgres sos
Welcome to psql 8.0.0beta2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit
Warning: Console codepage (437) differs from windows codepage (1252)
         8-bit characters will not work correctly. See PostgreSQL
         documentation "Installation on Windows" for details.
sos=#

Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

try

host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

restart the server, then try to connect.