Problem with functions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Snodgrass
Subject Problem with functions
Date
List pgsql-sql
I been trying to create several different functions
that mimic several stored procedures in MSSQL.
The SQL works fine in an interactive SQL, but fails
miserably when I try to run/execute a function created
using that same SQL.
I have been searching web sites and reading what I
find but I have not anything on functions that speaks
about the issue I'm having.
I'm hoping maybe you can provide some input on how to
get these functions to work.  I am including one of my
functions as sample.
Here's the function:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."getappts" (text,date, date)
RETURNS SETOF "public"."calendar" AS'
SELECT *
FROM     calendar
WHEREevent_date BETWEEN $2 AND $3    AND agent_number IN    ( SELECT agent_number FROM agents    WHERE rel30a = $1 OR
agent_number = $1 )

ORDER BY event_start_time;
'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT
SECURITY INVOKER;
Yes, I need to return multiple rows in the result set.
The two tables have the 'agent_number' column in
common, ie it is really a foreign key.  But it is not
set up that way, it's not my database and I can not
change it.