Re: 8.0.0beta2 and plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 8.0.0beta2 and plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:43:55PM +0200, Stefano Bonnin wrote:
> CORRECTION,
>
> even if I define a stupid "hello world" trigger function the problem is present:

And this is causing a segfault?  Most likely your installation is
broken.  Try a make distclean and a full rebuild.  And make sure it's
not referencing libraries of some other installation.

Essentially, you're proposing Kevlar shoes as a solution for the problem
that you want to walk around carrying a loaded gun aimed at your foot.
(Tom Lane)