Re: WIN1250 as server encoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: WIN1250 as server encoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 05:02:44PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Some people have requested to add WIN1250 as an allowed server encoding.
> So far, the order of the encoding numbers determined which ones were
> client-only, so in order not to renumber the encodings, I could only
> come up with the attached ugly solution.  If no one thinks of a better
> one, we'll go with that.
Probably a silly suggestion, but...  A second encoding number which happens
to assign the same character codes as WIN1250, with a 1-to-1 translation
table, and renaming the old number to make room for the new one in newly
compiled code?

Jeroen