Preserving column order when recreating table. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stef
Subject Preserving column order when recreating table.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I'm struggling with a situation where I
want to recreate a table (in more than 30 databases) to
fix the column order (attnum sequence) and in another case,
fix different definitions for the same column in a table e.g.
amount numeric(16,2)
in stead of :
amount numeric(16,5)

The complication comes in when the newly created table
could have extra (new) columns, or its column order is not the
same as the original table's, but the corresponding column
names are the same.

My question is :
Is it possible to do this in DML/DDL ?
That is, dumping  the data,  dropping the table,
recreating the table, and reimporting the data in the correct order ?

I've tried different things, but I cannot write SQL to do this.
I know it's easy from a script, but I don't have any other type
of access to the database servers.

Kind Regards
Stefan