Re: Opinions Requested - PG API or Abstraction Layer - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Opinions Requested - PG API or Abstraction Layer
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tia,

> 1. pg api - all my books cover this approach and it is

> 3. adodb - this just started sounding compelling about

I'd say these are your two reasonable choices.   Regrettably, the Pear
database classes seem to have lost momentum to adodb lately.

We use our home-rolled stuff based on pg_connect, mostly because it was
written before Pear or Adodb were available.    If I were starting now, I'd
probably use Adodb.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions